Since I’ve had Jack, I spend an embarrassing amount of time on facebook while he’s breastfeeding. I don’t know a ton of crunchy moms in real life, so facebook groups have been so helpful in making me feel like part of a community and having people to ask for advice. Here are some of my favorites:
1. Natural Toys and Children’s Items b/s/t
- This is ony of my favorites and I’ve already mentioned it here
- B/S/T stands for buy, sell, trade
- It’s a nice place to find cheaper used wooden toys etc, but also to ask questions about anything crunchy
2. The babywearing Swap
- This super addictive group is just for buying and selling used baby carriers and wraps
- I definitely look at it while not even planning to buy anything just because the wraps are so pretty!
3. Babywearing 102
- This is the group where you can post questions about anything babywearing related, or pictures of you wrapping and they will give you tips
4. 102 Off-Topic
- This is a group to talk about anything other than babywearing, and the moms tend to be super crunchy, use positive parenting, and know about breastfeeding etc
5. The Wait It Out Method (A toolkit approach to sleep training)
- This group is for parents not using cry it out for sleeping, and is very helpful when you are at your wit’s end with a baby waking up all the time and want some moral support when everyone in real life seems to be sleep training
6. High Needs / AP / Spirit Families - Babies and Children+ …WORLDWIDE.
- This group is not my favorite, but it can be helpful to ask questions about your high needs baby or see other peoples’ stories to get some perspective
7. Organic Kids Clothes Swap Sell Buy
- This group probably has less clothes than the group #1 I listed, but is another one to check out if you want used organic clothes
8. Elimination Communication
- This is useful to ask questions about specifics of EC (diaper free babies) or problem solve if you’re having a potty strike or anything
I also joined some specific groups for certain things like BumGenius b/s/t to buy used diapers of that brand, or Tula love to ask questions about what size Tula carrier to get. It’s a good idea to search for your favorite clothing brand and they might have a b/s/t group, or your favorite small stores may have a group or page you can “like” to see coupon codes occasionally. Hope this helps you waste a lot of time/connect with other crunchy parents!